How To Enter
Aesthetica invites writers to enter the Creative Writing Award.
Step 1: Click below to login or register
Step 2: Complete the submission form
Step 3: Complete payment and press ‘submit’
Entry Fee: Poetry £12 | Short Fiction £18
Entries open until 31 August 2021. Submissions are organised through our Submittable Platform.POETRY SUBMISSION FICTION SUBMISSION
- £5,000 prize money
(£2,500 for the Poetry Winner, £2,500 for the Short Fiction Winner)
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- Full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner)
- Selection of books from Vintage
- One year print subscription to Granta
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted.
- We accept works on any theme.
- You may enter the Award as many times as you wish – but each new requires a fee and new submission form.
- For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy. For further enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- January 2020 – 31 August 2021: Entries open
- September 2021: Judging begins
- November 2021: Shortlisted writers are contacted and book proofs sent
- December 2021: Winners and are announced
- December 2021: Publication of winners and shortlist in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2022
Image: Fikri Amanda Abubakar.