Submit Your Work
Step 1: Click below to purchase your entry
Step 2: Your Entry Form will be emailed to you upon registration
Step 3: Complete the Entry Form
Standard Entry Fee: Poetry £12 | Short Fiction £18 (1 December – 31 August)
Late Entry Fee: Poetry £18 | Short Fiction £24 (1 September – 8 September)
- £5,000 prize money
(£2,500 for the Poetry Winner, £2,500 for the Short Fiction Winner)
- Publication in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual
- A Five-Day Course from Arvon (Poetry & Fiction Winners)
- One year print subscription to Granta (Poetry & Fiction Winners)
- One year digital subscription to Mslexia (Poetry & Fiction Winners)
- Six-Week Writing Poetry Course from Curtis Brown Creative (Poetry Winner)
- Full membership to The Poetry Society (Poetry Winner)
- A Course from the Poetry School (Poetry Winner)
- One year print subscription to Poetry London (Poetry Winner)
- Consultation with Redhammer Management (Fiction Winner)
- Six-Week Writing Short Stories Course from Curtis Brown Creative (Fiction Winner)
- Poetry entries should be no more than 40 lines.
- Fiction entries should be no more than 2,000 words.
- Works published or entered elsewhere are accepted.
- We accept works on any theme.
- You may enter the Award as many times as you wish, although each work requires a fee and new submission form.
- For more information, read our FAQs here or for our refund policy. For further enquiries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 December – 31 August: Entries Open.
- 1 September – 8 September: Late Entries.
- November 2023: Shortlisted writers are contacted and book proofs sent
- December 2023: Winners are announced
- December 2023: Publication of winners and shortlist in the Aesthetica Creative Writing Annual 2024
Image: Fikri Amanda Abubakar.