Submit Your Work
Aesthetica is looking for the best new writing talent. The £5,000 international literary prize is open to poetry and short fiction submissions on any theme, celebrating innovation in content, form and technique.
Since its establishment 15 years ago, the Creative Writing Award has provided a platform for poets and authors across the globe to showcase their work through publication, prize money and exposure.
Aesthetica’s Creative Writing Award jury are successful literary professionals who have judged numerous writing awards. They are passionate about works demonstrating creativity and excellence.
Aesthetica’s Creative Writing alumni continue to succeed and demonstrate excellence across the globe, from further publication to awards wins. Discover finalists and shortlists from previous years.
Partners & Friends
We are proud to partner with key industry figures, literary organisations and publishers. These include The Poetry Society, Granta, VINTAGE and more. Learn all about the friends of Aesthetica.
Help & FAQs
Need help submitting your poem or short story to the Creative Writing Award? Do you have questions regarding entry, publication or the anthology? Find all the answers you need here.
2. Massimo Colonna, from the (Non) Gravity series. Courtesy of the artist. © Massimo Colonna.
3. Fazlulloh Shamit Musavi,The Edge of Emotions, 2018. Courtesy of the artist.
4. Ben Thomas, Crown, 2016. New York.
5. Six N. Five, My Weekend.
6. Image courtesy Christopher Soukup.
7. Massimo Colonna, from the (Non) Gravity series. Courtesy of the artist. © Massimo Colonna.