XR Film Programmer
£23,400pa Pro-Rata Salary paid at £12 per hour
Immediate start – completed by 14 July 2021.
We are inviting applications for an XR Film Programmer to join our team to help drive our VR & 360 programme forward for future editions of the Aesthetica Film Festival.
You will be responsible for programming the 360 and Immersive Projects of the festival and making choices that are in-line with the festival’s artistic direction. We are looking for someone with a passion for XR Films who has experience working with festivals, tight deadlines and content.
We are looking for bold stories that inspire conversations. Our films focus on topics that are the most meaningful, pressing, and present in our world. Curation at Aesthetica is centred around powerful storytelling and ideas. We programme the festival into six strands that are then sub-curated thematically by genre.
Skills and attributes
• At least two years’ experience film programming.
• Knowledge of film culture.
• Understanding of BFI Diversity standards.
• Understanding of cinema from across the world.
• Work to tight deadlines.
• Excellent copywriting skills for contextualisation of programmes.
How to Apply
• Please apply by sending your CV and cover letter which explains your relevant experience, what you think you can bring to the Aesthetica team and why you’d like to programme for Aesthetica.
• Please also send links to previous programmes that you have curated.
• Email your application to email@example.com
• Deadline for applications 11 June 2021.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, people from the Black, Asian, Minority or Ethnic (BAME) community and other protected characteristics.
Due to Covid-19 we’re not offering internships at this time.
Please check back for future opportunities.