Guest Programmes Film Curator
Fee: £3,000, approx 1 Month’s work to be completed by 30 April 2021.
We are inviting applications for a freelance Guest Programmes Film Curator to join our team to help drive our content and partnerships forward in this dynamic aspect of the festival.
You will be responsible for sourcing and arranging content partnerships, managing the relationships, acquiring the films, writing copy for the festival programme and organising this section of the Aesthetica Short Film Festival. We are looking for someone who has experience working with festivals, tight deadlines and who has a wider understanding of film culture.
We are looking for bold stories that are told differently and inspire conversations. Film has the power to ignite, transform and change the world. Curation at Aesthetica is centred around powerful storytelling, compelling narratives and ideas. We focus on the topics that are the most meaningful, pressing and present in our world. Film is a mechanism to understand the past and present, and it also offers a view of potential futures. Through our programme, our aim is that audiences explore new cultures, ideas and engage with the future greats of filmmaking.
Skills and attributes
- At least three years’ experience film programming for festivals, cinemas or galleries.
- Knowledge of film culture.
- Understanding of BFI Diversity standards.
- Understanding of cinema from across the world.
- Work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent copywriting skills for contextualisation and interpretation of programmes.
How to Apply
- Please email your CV and cover letter, highlighting your relevant experience, and explaining what you think you can bring to the Aesthetica Short Film Festival.
- Please include any links to previous programmes that you have curated
- Send your application to email@example.com
- Deadline Friday 5 March 2021.
Applications are particularly welcome from women, people from the Black, Asian, Minority or Ethnic (BAME) community and other protected characteristics.
Due to Covid-19 we’re not offering internships at this time.
Please check back for future opportunities.