Originally from Washington D.C., Hannah Whitaker studied photography and painting at Yale before settling in Brooklyn. Her fine art led her to shooting regularly for New York and W, where she began working on editorial assignments.
The images demonstrate a keen eye for colour and form – dramatic, artful compositions move from high-end accessories to stationery; forks to cellophane; watches to apples. Whitaker revels in the experimentation of light, shadow and materiality.
Whitaker is represented by M+B Gallery in Los Angeles, Galerie Christophe Gaillard in Paris, and Marinaro in NYC. Her commercial and editorial work is represented by Hello Artists.
Credits: All images courtesy of Hannah Whitaker.
1. Client: The New Yorker. Styling: Heather Greene.
2. Client: New York Times Magazine.
3. Client: National Geographic (outtake). Styling: Heather Greene.
4. Client: New York Times Magazine.
5. Client: Samma. Stying: Hanna Sandin.
6. Client: Samma. Model: Charlotte O’Donnell. Stying: Hanna Sandin.
7. Client: National Geographic (outtake). Styling: Heather Greene.