Cai Ramalho (b. 1994) was born in São Paulo, Brazil. After attending fashion school, Ramalho started work as a photographer in 2013. Just six years later, they are now an exclusive photographer for Vogue Brazil and have worked with labels such as Flavia Aranha, Neriage, Angela Brito and Cho Project.
Ramalho notes: “An important part of my work is to rethink and rebuild the relationships created in the fashion industry. As a non-binary person living in a country that often persecutes LGBTQ+ people, it’s really important for me to raise the flag and create new forms of communication.”
Ramalho’s images demonstrate an understanding of colour and form, offering fresh perspectives on fashion portraiture against intimate backgrounds. “I believe that producing images – alongside people I can relate to – is a way of creating a new vision, and a new future.”
1. Cai Ramalho, Photos for Angela Brito. Photo Team: Neco Oblangata. Styling: Daniel Obasi. Beauty: Mike Safro. Hair: Lu Safro and Mabatha Ndiaye. Art Direction: Nidia Aranha. Executive Production: Natasha Ribas. Retouch: Vall Loveras.
2. (Left) Cai Ramalho. Photo for Atelier Le Lis. Photo Team: Karla Brights and Felipa Damasco. Beauty: Mika Safro. Beauty Team: Jessica Lopes and Mayara Aleixo. Syling: Leandro Porto. Fashion Producer: Mari Antonia Valladares. Fashion Team: Teodora Oshima, Helo Rocha, Camila Pedroza, Douglas de Souza. Mideo: Liniker.
2. (Right) Cai Ramalho. Photo for Vogue Brazil. Photo Team: Felipa Damasco and Karla Brights. Beauty: Jake Falchi. Beauty Team: Vanessa Castelini and Kerol. Syling: Juliana Beukers. Art Direction: Andressa Bezerra and Italo Massaru. Fashion Producer: Jonathan de Sousa. Models: Scarllath Lopez and Barbara Hariel.
3. (Left + Right) Cai Ramalho. Photos for Angela Brito. Photo Team: Neco Oblangata. Styling: Daniel Obasi. Beauty: Mike Safro. Hair: Lu Safro and Mabatha Ndiaye. Art Direction: Nidia Aranha. Executive Production: Natasha Ribas. Retouch: Vall Loveras.
4. (Left + Right) Cai Ramalho. Photos for Le Lis Blanc. Photo Team: Karla Brights. Beauty: Jake Falchi. Styling: Leandro Porto. Fashion Producer: Vitor Ferreira. Art Direction: PC Rocha. Set Designer: Mario Mantovanni. Director: Sylvia Rogar. Model: Mari Calazan.